Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Worst Call Ever...???

((HT: MLB/FSNSouth/youtube))

This may go down as two things:

1) The worst call ever in the history of Major League Baseball and,
2) The game that changed the Pittsburgh Pirates season once and for all...

The Atlanta Braves and the Pittsburgh Pirates went at it for 19 innings last night- and it shoud have been, at least, 20...

The game ended at 2AM on one of the worst endings evah...

Here's the call...


"I didn't feel the tag," the Braves Julio Lugo said. "He made the right call. I got in there."

"I saw the tag, but he looked like he oled him and I called him safe for that,"
home plate ump Jerry Meals said. "I looked at the replays and it appeared he might have got him on the shin area. I'm guessing he might have got him, but when I was out there when it happened I didn't see a tag.

"I just saw the glove sweep up. I didn't see the glove hit his leg."


One note: The home plate ump should never admit to watching a replay and thinking something was different...

No comments:

Post a Comment