Saturday, August 6, 2011

So Will The Giants And Phils Do It Again In October...???

And, by that, we mean "brawl..."

The Giants' Ramon Ramirez drilled Shane Victorino in the 6th inning of a 9-2 loss to the Phillies starting a bench-clearing that led to ejections for Ramirez, Victorino and Giants catcher Eli Whiteside, who (literally) was hopping mad before setting off an all-out brawl. Whiteside was ready for Placido Polanco coming out of the dugout...
((HT: CSNBayArea/youtube))


Victorino was asked if he thought Ramirez went after him intentionally...

"Yeah, absolutely, I think he did. That's why I took a step forward. I had no intentions of going out there and charging the mound. I just wanted to go out there and get an answer. ... Obviously, Eli felt like, from looking at his reaction, I was going to go. He started jumping around. Polanco came in and he tackled Polanco. Everything escalated from there."


Here's Victorino...
((HT: CSNBayArea/MLB))

No comments:

Post a Comment