Wednesday, October 26, 2011

DEVELOPING: Hawks Sale Hits Snag

((HT: AJC.com))

Stop the HQ if you've heard this one before...

Tim Tucker's piece in the AJC says that the bid of California bid-ness man Alex Meruelo has not received the approval of the NBA Board of Governors after/during the vetting process...

From Tucker:

“I have more than ample resources to purchase and operate the Hawks in a first-class manner,” Meruelo’s statement said. “I am committed to the purchase of the Atlanta Hawks.

“While I can’t comment on the details of the approval process, I have [done] and will do everything I can to bring the process to a positive conclusion.”


Can we keep laughing over this...???

Or does the HQ have to focus on the idea that Atlanta Spirit is still in charge of this until another owner is found- unless Meruelo can put up a boatload of financial guarantees...

No comments:

Post a Comment