Wednesday, July 4, 2012

van Persie Not Returning To Arsenal

This is horrifying news for Arsenal fans in the Premier League...

After a meeting with head coach Arsene Wenger and Paul Gazidis, the Dutch striker has announced that he is not re-signing with the Gunners...

From his own website...

As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the Boss and Mr. Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club’s future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days. Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.

I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.

I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal FC. Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch. I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last 8 years. As soon as Mr. Gazidis is back from his 2-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments.

The thought, then, is that Robin van Persie doesn't feel that Arsenal either will or is going to spend the appropriate resources to get to the top of the ladders in the Premier, UEFA, or any other league for that matter... and get the trophies they claim Arsenal wants to get...

Is Wenger stuck financially with the wage structure or is it something else...???

That's the issue... and it's a big issue...

In an interview with SkySports, former Gunner Paul Merson feels that the only place van Persie can go is Manchester City. The transfer price will be astronomical and the end result will be interesting...

Here's all of his goals from the past season... and what the Gunners will really miss next season...

No comments:

Post a Comment