Thursday, August 23, 2012

Armstrong Gives Up USADA Challenge, TdF Wins To Be Stripped

((HT: KXAN-TV Austin))

And, in the process, USADA chief executive Travis Tygart is going to suspend Lance Armstrong for life from the sport of cycling and strip him of is seven Tours de France...

USADA claims they have the authority to take the Tour wins away from him, but Armstrong claims they can't...

Armstrong stripped of his 7 tour wins

Here's the statement released by Armstrong... “Today I turn the page. I will no longer address this issue, regardless of the circumstances. I will commit myself to the work I began before ever winning a single Tour de France title: serving people and families affected by cancer, especially those in underserved communities. This October, my Foundation will celebrate 15 years of service to cancer survivors and the milestone of raising nearly $500 million. We have a lot of work to do and I'm looking forward to an end to this pointless distraction. I have a responsibility to all those who have stepped forward to devote their time and energy to the cancer cause. I will not stop fighting for that mission.”
Think what you want of the acts by both USADA and Armstrong, but none of this surprises the HQ at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment