Wednesday, August 15, 2012

DEVELOPING: Curry Retiring From Georgia State After 2012

Not that the HQ is surprised or anything...

But we figured that this was more of an inevitability than anything else...

Bill Curry is retiring as the head football coach of Georgia State University's program after their November season-ender with Maine...

He will still work with GSU President Mark Becker and AD Cheryl Levick through the end of his contract at the end of fiscal 2013 as a consultant in the Panthers transition to full Sun Belt Conference status...

"The opportunity to start a football program at a university that I love, in my hometown, and the privilege to coach these young men has been one of the highlights of my career,” said Curry, who will turn 70 in October. “This has been a labor of love, but after this season, it will be the right time to step away from coaching. I am blessed with good health, but I am ready to move on to other things in my life and devote more time to my wife, Carolyn, and our children and grandchildren.


“I’ve said all along that I will fulfill my contract, and I intend to do that,” continued Curry. “I am completely committed to coaching this season, and I’m energized by this team and the enormous challenge ahead of us.”

Here was Curry opening the 2012 CAA season with his talks on Media Day...
((HT: CAAFootball))


"Following the season," Levick said at the press conference, "we will conduct a national search for our new head coach, but the focus now, and for all 11 games this season, will be on this football team, these young men, and their amazing head coach."

No comments:

Post a Comment