Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Muamba Retiring From Soccer After Heart Attack

It was, without question, one of the scarier moments of the football season past...

When Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba collapsed on the field after suffering a heart attack, the last five months have been a fight to see Fabrice get back to living a normal life- much less get back to the pitch.

So, understandably, five months after being declared dead for almost an hour, he has decided to hang up his cleats...

"Since suffering my heart attack and being discharged from hospital, I have remained utterly positive in the belief I could one day resume my playing career and play for Bolton Wanderers once again," Muamba said in a prepared statement on the Bolton website.

"As part of my on-going recovery, last week I travelled to Belgium to seek further medical advice from a leading cardiologist. But the news I received was obviously not what I had hoped it would be and it means I am now announcing my retirement from professional football."


Here's the incident...
((HT: EPL/youtube))


"We know that he will go on to achieve great things and within all this disappointment, the most important thing is that he is here, alive, today," Bolton manager Owen Coyle said.

Here's to Muamba's health from now on...

No comments:

Post a Comment