Sunday, September 30, 2012

Stephen Morris Revives Miami's "Quarterback U" Reputation With Record Day Vs NC State


Don’t look now but the Miami Hurricanes have found their mojo.
After looking god-awful at Kansas State in week 2 the Hurricanes have matured a bit thanks to a come from behind win at Georgia Tech last week and now surviving a shoot-out Saturday against NC State.

Miami quarterback Stephen Morris is reviving the ‘Canes reputation of “Quarterback U”.  Morris torched the NC State defense for 566 yards passing, an ACC record for passing yards in a single game.
The biggest was the 62 yard touchdown pass to Philip Dorsett with 19 second left to win it for the ‘Canes 44-37 (Thanks ACC Digital Network)





“The last play the ball wasn’t even supposed to go to me it was designed to go to Allen.” Philip Dorsett said. “ I just ran my route and tried to clear out the safeties for him, then I saw Stephen scramble so I went with him, then I saw him throw the ball and I was like “Oh snap, I have got to catch this.” I saw the corner couldn’t get to us so I tried my best to get into the endzone.”
“It was kind of a freakish thing to happen but I just rolled out to the right, I was trying to buy time and I saw Rashawn I didn’t want to go to overtime.”  Miami quarterback Stephen Morris said. “ I saw Phillip running, I didn’t want to go to overtime so I said 'Here goes nothing,' so I just threw it up to him and he did a great job of making a play.”

Miami wasn’t expected to contend for the ACC Coastal Division title, too much inexperience to go with that talent.  Hurricane head coach Al Golden will disagree.

We’re going have a no excuses mentality.”  Golden said.  “We’re not going listen to anyone say we’re too young to do this. We’re not dominant in any one phase yet, it’s just survive and advance. We’re staying together, which is important.”

No comments:

Post a Comment