Saturday, September 15, 2012

With A Back Up Quarterback Starting Washington State Overcomes, Defeats UNLV 35-27


You might think the odds would not be with Washington State coming to Las Vegas with a back-up quarterback starting.
Well that back-up quarterback, Connor Halliday threw for 26 of 45 passes for 378 yards and four touchdowns as Washington State defeated UNLV 35-27.

With those kind of numbers what went on in Vegas for Wazzou doesn’t need to stay in Vegas.
Halliday knew he would start in the middle of the week and responded with a terrific game and the Cougars second win of the year. Jeff Tuel was the starter but Halliday stepped in Friday night and if Mike Leach was auditioning Halliday let’s just say he nailed it.

“I feel like I made a decent case,” Halliday said. “I need to play better in the fourth quarter.”

“For a guy who hadn’t played football for a long time, I thought he played good.” Washington State head coach Mike Leach said.  “I thought, really calm for a guy that hasn’t played a lot. I think his demeanor with his team was good.”

Here’s Connor Halliday after the game.

 


And Mike Leach.

No comments:

Post a Comment