Saturday, November 24, 2012

Ricky Hatton Retires After Senchenko Bout

((HT: Al Arabiya Sport/youtube))

It took Ricky Hatton three-and-a-half years to figure out whether or not he still had it to get into the ring...

After tonight's bout with Vyacheslav Senchenko, he's done once and for all to spend time with his family and his outside-the-ring projects...

It was a short shot to the ribs at the end of the 9th of a 10-round bout that caught Hatton and resulted in a count out...

Here's the 9th round as it went down...


And your postgame with Hatton, who obviously, was very emotional...


"I needed one more fight to see if I had still got it - and I haven't," Hatton said in the post-bout presser.

"I found out tonight it isn't there no more. I'm a straight-shooter and I tell the truth. I can look at myself in the mirror and tell myself I did my best, but there is always an excuse to find."

Hatton ends his career as a two-weight class champ and he'll always be a pride of Manchester...

No comments:

Post a Comment