Wednesday, March 20, 2013

DEVELOPING: Mal Moore Steps Down

The University of Alabama announced today that Mal Moore is stepping down today from his position as athletic director and will only focus on being special assistant to President Judy Bonner.

Moore, you'll remember, was hospitalized last week- both at Brookwood Hospital in Birmingham and Duke University.

"I cannot adequately express what the University means to me," Moore said in a press release. "It has been a part of my life for more than 50 years, and I feel honored to have served the Crimson Tide as a player, coach and administrator. I am so appreciative of the University administration, coaches, staff, student-athletes and fans who have made my tenure as director so very meaningful, memorable and special."

Moore played at Alabama under "Bear" Bryant, and also served as an assistant coach under him.

Here's an interview Moore did with WVUA's John Huddleston about his legacy and other topics...

No comments:

Post a Comment