Friday, August 30, 2013

Ole Miss Runs Past Vanderbilt In A Thriller

What a wild game in Nashville Thursday night

Two teams, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt, who are trying to take a seat at the big boy table in the SEC battled and each played like they really wanted it.

The Commodores were up 35-32 late in the fourth quarter and things looked great for Vandy.

With 1:30 left and Ole Miss will possession at their own 25 senior Jeff Scott got the ball and took it the distance.

“Bo gave me the ball, I started to bend the corner and I said `OK, I gotta get out of bounds,’ ” Scott said. “But that’s when I saw Donte (Moncrief) seal his man and set the corner. I just hit up the seam. I think I surprised them because last year teams looked at me as undersized and they thought I’d go out-of-bounds.”

Scott didn't run out-of-bounds.  What he did was break the hearts of 'Dore fans.

Ole Miss head coach Hugh Freeze liked the play, loved the result.

"I knew that it would be a good run play," Freeze said. "Obviously, I didn't know it would go all the way to the house. But I thought it would be a good run play." 

"They blocked us in space and (Scott) is fast," Franklin said. 





Jeff Scott finished with 138 yards and an Rebel hero for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment