Sunday, September 15, 2013

Balentien Hits #56 and #57, Passes Oh For Japanese Record

Well, then...

Maybe the powers in Japanese baseball knew it was an eventuality with so many games remaining...

Here's the record breaking homerun where Wladimir Balentien hit his 56th of the season, passing the legendary Sadaharu Oh, Alex Cabrera and Tuffy Rhodes for most in a season...


Balentien would hit his 57th later in the game...

"I want to thank the fans for all their support," Balentien said after the game. "It was a great feeling. I don't think I will ever feel anything like that again in my life. Oh is the home run king and I have a lot of respect for him. To be able to tie him and then pass him is something very special for me."

There are 17 games left in the Central League season's self-admitted live-ball era, so it will be interesting to see just how many he hits by season's end...

No comments:

Post a Comment