Monday, September 16, 2013

Tommie Frazier vs. Bo Pelini: Nebraska Mad (Madder Now That 2 Year Old Effing Rant Is Out...?)

My, my, my...it sure appears that the faithful followers of the Nebraska Cornhuskers (a) have short memories and (b) both the fans and coaches have awfully thin skin.

The Cornhusker faithful were rather vocal after their school got trounced by the UCLA Bruins on Saturday night in Lincoln 41-21.

And no, while the team hasn't returned to their success of the 1970's, where they were regular contenders for the national title, they've won 9 games per year for the past 5 years under coach Bo Pelini. But Pelini hasn't gotten them to the promised land, a BCS game.

But that appears to not be enough.

Former Nebraska QB Tommie Frazier (@touchdowntommie) was perhaps one of the most critical of the game Saturday, taking to Twitter:

After letting it sink in for about 4 hours I still struggling. It's time to get rid of the defensive play caller, the Dc, lb dl and db coaches. I hate saying this but this crap is getting old. How in the hell do you not make adjustments or put your players in the position to compete? If this is what is going to happen for the remainder of the season, count me out. I don't care if we lose a game but the way we are losing is just not what #Nebraska fans deserve. I have fought, bled, and cried over this program. I didn't do all that for the program to become what it has today. Time for change! I will comment about the offense this week on Tommie's X's and O's. Trust me you don't want to miss it. #Huskers

That angered Pelini who was asked about the comment at his Monday press availability. His response per Steven Sipple of Huskers Extra "If he feels like that, we don't need him"

To which Frazier said; "I said what I said, He's right: He doesn't need me. He needs someone to help him. But what he's doing is not what the Nebraska fans deserve, period".

The Huskers are 2-1 this season, which is far from over. Sure they've given up 29 points a game, which isn't a good sign. But they play in the crappy Big 10, where anyone has a chance. They play the FCS South Dakota State Jackrabbits on Saturday before the conference schedule kicks in.

Our thoughts: Quit whining bitches. Yeah, sure, you can get rid of Pelini, who's probably not going to be Tom Osborne. But he's not Bill Callahan either. Consider the next guy may not be as good as the guy you currently have.

You good with that?

Keep some perspective. You'll never be what you were in the 1970's and early '80's. Very few ever are.

In the meantime, keep the public feud going, it's a great way to keep Sports Writers and Bloggers entertained.

In case you didn't see the above mentioned UCLA game:



PM UPDATE: And, now Pelini has had to apologize for a rant that he had two years ago talking about effing-Nebraska fair weather fans...
((HT: LostLettermen))


"I want to sincerely apologize for my comments from two years ago which became public today," Pelini said in a statement. "I take full responsibility for these comments. They were spoken in a private room following the Ohio State game. I was venting following a series of emotional events which led to this moment. That being said, these comments are in no way indicative of my true feelings. I love it here in Nebraska and feel fortunate to be associated with such a great University and fan base. I again apologize to anyone whom I have offended."

Nebraska chancellor Harvey Perlman said he was disappointed by the comments:

"We are taking some time to consider it and what impact it would have on the university."

Athletic director Shawn Eichorst said he talked to Pelini about the rant.

"I am disheartened and disappointed by the 2011 comments published today attributed to Coach Pelini about our dedicated and passionate fans and supporters," Eichorst said in a statement. "I have spoken with Chancellor Perlman and I have addressed the situation with Bo and expressed our deep concern."

The HQ thinks the other Pelini in Florida may last at his job longer than the one in Lincoln...

No comments:

Post a Comment