Saturday, October 19, 2013

Ole Miss Upsets LSU 27-24 Capping A Wild Day In The SEC

LSU's National Championship hopes died Saturday night in Oxford, Mississippi.

Ole Miss kicker Andrew Ritter nailed a 41 yard field goal with two seconds left to win it for the Rebels 27-24.



“I knew I had to make that second one." Ritter said.  "The first one was going to be the difference, but I was fortunate enough to have another opportunity. I had to for my team; I didn’t want to let them and these unbelievable fans down. I just put it in God’s hands and I was fortunate enough it went through.”

 "That kick will make memories of a lifetime for him." Ole Miss head coach Hugh Freeze said. "I envisioned it just how it happened."

The vision of Rebel fans celebrating a Magnolia Bowl win over Ole Miss and then the chaotic celebration in the Ole Miss locker is one Freeze won't forget.

“It’s pretty crazy in there right now." Freeze said.  "It’s great to beat one of your biggest rivals and to capture the Magnolia Bowl for Ole Miss."

Ole Miss defensive end Cameron Whigham summed up what Ole Miss' win over LSU means.

This is the biggest win of my life; I’m just so proud to be a part of the Ole Miss family and be able to compete with my brothers each Saturday for 60 minutes.”  Whigham said.

No comments:

Post a Comment