Monday, January 27, 2014

Carlos Zambrano Starts Brawl In Venezuela

Former major league pitcher Carlos Zambrano is apologizing for starting a brawl during Venezuela's winter league series final.

In Game 3 of the finals, this happened when the opposing pitcher threw at one of Zambrano's teammates...


His apology was carried Monday by El Nacional newspaper, and translated from the article said in part:

"I got a hit, fell, during the brawl. The most disadvantaged was I by the stupidity of wanting to take justice into my hands, when the Bible says that justice is God's. But I am human, I am not perfect,"said del Toro, after becoming the center of attraction of the brawl that sailors and Caribs, staged at the top of the sixth inning of the third game of the final.

"What happens on the pitch stays there, said Zambrano."This will not end today or tomorrow. If you stick a pitch in the major leagues, many people will go to the mound and you will want to arrange things in a very unprofessional way."


"It was an embarrassing moment. Last night when I went to the dugout I didn't have to get out more so. It gave me grief with God and the fans. It was a moment of impulse".

The LVBP (Venezuelan Pro Baseball League) was looking at tape to determine any kind of discipline- that could even keep Zambrano from pitching in a 5th game if the series goes that far...



No comments:

Post a Comment