Saturday, June 28, 2014

Suarez "Lost His Balance" Uruguay And Chile Lost Their Games

((HT: ESPN/FIFA))

Luis Suarez wrote his appeal to FIFA for his four-month, nine-match ban. It said in part:

"After the impact ... I lost my balance, making my body unstable and falling on top of my opponent," Suarez wrote in his submission to the panel which met Wednesday, one day after Uruguay beat Italy 1-0 in a decisive group-stage match.

"At that moment I hit my face against the player leaving a small bruise on my cheek and a strong pain in my teeth."


Well okay, then...
FIFA has seven days to hear the appeal from the Uruguayan Football Federation.

Without Suarez, the lack of offense showed in a 2-0 loss where James Rodriguez scored both goals- and, for the record, it's pronounced "Hah-mez..." and he's scored in six straight matches for Colombia...

And James' golazo sent Colombia on their way


And Colombia get Brazil in the next round as they survived their match with Chile- and it took PK's to get there.
The post became Julio Cesar's bet friend in extra time and the shootout...

And American audiences got to hear Ian and Macca call a great one...

No comments:

Post a Comment