Thursday, August 28, 2014

More Fun With USC: Anthony Brown Quits, Calls Sark "Racist"

((HT: ESPN))

Not that Southern Cal football needed any more fuel in the papers this week, but running back Anthony Brown has quit the program characterizing head coach Steve Sarkisian as "racist."

Brown Tweeted the opinion on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter before removing it:

"Sark treated me like a slave in his Office...Can't play for a racist MAN!!!!! #Fighton"

FOSG Chris Cotter explains with Brian Griese and Mark May what this all may or may not mean


Sark was less than pleased and gave very little credence to it in his press conference Thursday:

"As far as what [Brown] said on Twitter, I think it's ridiculous," Sarkisian told the Orange County Register. "Any of you guys that know me and if you ask anybody in our building, any of our players -- feel free to -- that's about the furthest thing from the truth. Quite honestly, I'm shocked."

"I had encouraged him to play. I thought he could play. I didn't want him to quit."


Not the kind of pee-ahr you need before your season opener... and a host of (now) former teammates disagreed with Brown's characterization of the nead coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment