Saturday, November 1, 2014

Maryland Refuses To Shake Hands With Penn State Before Coin Toss

Maryland head coach Randy Edsall has always said Penn State will be the Terrapins Big Ten rival.  After the shenanigans today before they game I would say it's on.


Of course it adds to the intrigue that Penn State head coach James Franklin was the "head coach in waiting" at Maryland back when he was on then head coach Ralph Freigen's staff.

The pre-game hand shake refusal by the Terps was something Franklin had not seen on a football field.

"I guess we all have a choice and option to do whatever they want to do." Franklin said.  "They decided to start the game that way. That’s their prerogative. I’ve never been apart of that. In 20 years, I’ve never seen that before."

Maryland head coach Randy Edsall did apologize for his team's pre game actions.

"First of all, let me just start off by saying that I want to apologize to the Penn State fans, to their team and their university for what took place at the beginning of the game." Edsall said.  "That is not who we are. Our emotions got the best of us and we've got to be above that. I know Kevin Anderson, our athletic director, talked to their athletic director and president as well. Like I said, I want to apologize for that and I feel bad about that.













No comments:

Post a Comment